Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke And Bookish
I've been meaning to join this meme for a while because I always enjoy reading other people's posts so much. Then when I saw today's topic was anti-valentines I was IN. For the record...I don't Hate Valentines Day. I just don't get the hype around it. :D
Top Ten Books That Broke My Heart
This was tough. Mainly because I'm a crybaby and the slightest thing can set me off in tears.
1. Before I Die by Jenny Downham I cried SO much at this book I couldn't actually see the pages towards the end. Heart. Breaking
2. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger Probably my favourite book of all time. There was no doubt this wasn't going to end well. I still cried my eyes out though. Then went back to the beginning and started again
3. Charlotte's Web E.B White This is the 1st book which ever broke my heart. We read it in class when I was around 8 years old. I LOVED this book, couldn't wait for the next time we'd be having class reading and read more. Then the spider DIED. It was a literary Bambi moment for this little girl.
4. Delirium by Lauren Oliver I was ok with this book, reading along without too many emotional involvements. Then bam. Lauren Oliver made me gasp loudly and throw my hand to my mouth. On public transport.
5. The Diary Of Anne Frank Another childhood right of passage. Until this book I had no idea how horrible the world and people could be. The first true story that broke my heart. A life changing moment.
6. My Sister Lives On The Mantelpiece by Annabel Pitcher 10 year old narrator Jamie broke my heart into pieces in this book. Then put them back together again.
7. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak When a book is narrated by Death I guess it's a given there's going to be some weepy moments. And indeed there are. Stunning book.
8. The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey This my most recent heart-breaker. You can feel the pain of main characters Mabel and Jack in this book. But it's also very, very lovely.
9. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness Based on an idea by the late Siobhan Dowd I was an emotional mess when I finished this book
10. Mile High Apple Pie by Laura Langston You wouldn't think a picture book would cause an adult to cry right? Wrong. Possibly because this book was VERY close to home as my own grandmother had just been diagnosed with Alzheimers when I read it to my daughter, this book is so touching my voice was shaking.
And that's my list.
So what books have broke your heart?